Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Nigel Begins Deleting Posts

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nigel posts this
    Originally posted by Nigel: Share your thought on consumer level video and DV here. As technologly changes this my be deleted to make way for the updates.....

    Good Luck
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I then post
    Originally posted by Alex: Nigel, you don't have to delete a topic, if you unsticky a topic, it will automatically drop into the forum based on the last post made.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nigel then deletes my post above and starts a new topic in which he states.

    Originally posted by Nigel:
    Hello--

    Please post only information in the stickies that directly applies to their subject matter. Leave your personal attacks and grammar corrections out.

    These are intended to help people to find some information quickly. If they become bogged down with extra shit--then it doesn't really make sense to have them.

    Thanks
    Good Luck
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex--

    You are correct I did delete your post since it had nothing to do with video cameras. I also deleted Windowslaws post since it had nothing to do with the the topic.

    If you want to bring up ideas and comments then start a thread otherwise I ask you to keep the Stickies focused to their topics.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I give a viewpoint that you either hadn't considered or didn't know about you seem to think it's an "attack" against you when it is not.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member andyblaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel's reign of tyrany has begun [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Up the revolution!!!!!

    Only joking, can't we all just get along?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please post only information in the stickies that directly applies to their subject matter. Leave your personal attacks and grammar corrections out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds perfectly logical and sensible to me.

    Alex, I may not be alone in noticing that ever since it was decided that Nigel was going to become moderator you've been attempting to undermine his authority... [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img]

    Don't mean to sound harsh but NIgel's the moderator - not you. Get over it. Peace. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Justin M.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Please post only information in the stickies that directly applies to their subject matter. Leave your personal attacks and grammar corrections out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds perfectly logical and sensible to me.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no problem with that sentiment either.

    [quote]Originally posted by Justin M.:
    Alex, I may not be alone in noticing....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do people always act like they speak for everyone else when they don't?

    [quote]Originally posted by Justin M.:
    ...that ever since it was decided....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"It", name it. I merely suggested at the time that Nigel became moderator via an electronic coup that the forum actually have a vote based on two or three choices, rather than ADMIN Shatzy who simply stated, "OH, Nigel's name is somehow already listed as moderator, tee hee".

    You should be mollified at insinuating that because I wanted an actual vote/choice that somehow I'm the bad guy here.

    [quote]Originally posted by Justin M.:
    that Nigel was going to become moderator you've been attempting to undermine his authority... [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've done nothing of the sort and you won't find even quote I've made to back up your statement. Back it up or retract it.

    However, now that you bring it up, Nigel was the one who was coronated moderator without even knowing how a sticky works. Can you say George Bush?

    [quote]Originally posted by Justin M.:
    Don't mean to sound harsh...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Another phrase that of course means exactly the opposite of what you state.

    [quote]Originally posted by Justin M.:
    ....but NIgel's the moderator - not you. Get over it. Peace. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, like the first thing I want to do is have another forum to deal with. Well, you've been wrong on every assertion towards me, at least you're consistent.

    In the future, don't confuse the message with the messenger. Nigel making an issue out of my sharing with him how to unsticky a topic when he didn't even know how does not warrant a "reprimand", as he did, and which was the entire reason I created this topic.

    How about understanding a gripe before you take a position.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice try, but I don't consider you a lady, but you certainly went overboard in your previous discertation.

    I merely replied line by line to you.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel making an issue out of my sharing with him how to unsticky a topic when he didn't even know how does not warrant a "reprimand", as he did, and which was the entire reason I created this topic.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hardly a reprimand Alex, I don't think many people would have even noticed that your reply was removed if you hadn't created this topic in the first place. Nigel's reasons for deleting it sound perfectly sensible to me.

    Perhaps a private message in future would be better when you want to give Nigel technical advice on Moderating rather than clutter the stickies AND preventing him causing you offence by deleting them. Don't take it personally!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kevin, since I didn't make a grammatical correction, that leaves the first part of the equation directed at me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not necessarily, you don't know that and you can't prove it. You're assuming. Nigel's quote is a general rule of thumb, after all he did delete another superfluous post not posted by you.

    For that one comment Nigel accuses me of a personal attack against him.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's just silly.

    As for PM'ing, Nigel could have PM'd me about how to make a stickie and I would have gladly told him.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He didn't ask directly for your help in the forum either, but you gave advice- my point being if you think you could give advice in future why not PM it to him OR even post it in a non sticky topic.

    Again though Alex, I wouldn't waste your time and take anything here personally. [img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •